Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

What I Wore Sunday

I really love linking up with FLAP and being more intentional about what I'm wearing to mass on Sundays!

I need to work on better photos...

Da Details
Dress: Maggy London from TJ Maxx
Cardigan: Cable and Gauge *thrifted*
Scarf: Eddie Bauer
Same boots and earrings from last week


Our little man has a fever today :(  He's usually very sad about taking naps and sleeping, but today Daddy put him in the bed and he fell asleep without a peep - resulting in sad faces from all involved.

Once we hit baby #20 we'll likely never be phased by fevers and sickness, but with baby #1 it's as if the plague has hit the house - fevers being checked every half hour, symptoms being googled, and moms being called just to double check.

***
As for a Lenten message, our Deacon gave a very interesting homily today!  I had no idea that a version of the parable of the prodigal son had been circulated among the Jews before, but instead of the father accepting the younger son he denies him and gives all his inheritance to the eldest - a parable of justice.

Deacon was trying to put the parable into better context for us, since apparently there are many important aspects of the parable that go above our heads in modern times.  For example, by asking for his inheritance before his father passes away the younger son insults his father in the highest degree - he basically insinuates that he wishes his father were dead.  

Interesting stuff!  It makes me miss Dr. Bergsma's class at FUS!  Anyone else an alum??

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!



4 comments:

  1. I'm also finding I'm thinking more about what I wear each week too. Though I'm not fishing for compliments, I've been getting more. And I didn't really think anyone would notice.
    Love the color combo with the scarf and cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I have to say that I love your blog and am so glad I found it. I saw the link to your page on Conversion Diary in her veiling post and really appreciate your perspective on things and how down to earth you are.

      And I was going to say on your post today that I love your outfit - particularly your skirt.

      Delete
  2. Ditto KMantoan's comment--the yellow scarf compliments the sweater nicely. Lovely! Interesting about the prodigal son parable; I love how Jesus took a familiar story and switched it up to make it a story of love and forgiveness. Your son is adorable; I hope he feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting to learn about the original prodigal son parable. Thanks for sharing, and also for sharing your lovely outfit. Hope your son is well soon.

    ReplyDelete