Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Multitasking



Today I'd like to pay tribute to the feminine genius.


Not yet a day old. 9 lbs and 21 inches long.
{I cringe at that phrase from time to time because I tend to repel against anything that sounds feminist (in the secular, more common sense of the word). But if JP2 can speak of it in his writings, then I can in my blog and use it in the best sense; in a way that shows the dignity of women while also being respectful of our handsome, strong, and manly counterparts.}


My jaundiced baby
As I was navigating through the chaos of our apartment to pour my second cuppa of the day, Max was screaming inconsolably per his usual pre-nap routine, our puppy was weaving between my legs, and our miniature schnauzer, Otto, was scratching at his head trying to get a bloody (literally...I'm not cursing!) bandage off (from getting attacked by a neighbor dog yesterday).  In the moment I thanked God for the female brain and our ability to multi-task and pay attention to and address multiple things going on around us at the same time.


2 months old
Right after that thought a second realization came to me - God knew that women were going to be given the seemingly impossible task of caring for infants and children, all while maintaining a household and everything that comes with that (in my case, feeding and caring for a dog and a new puppy).  Which begs the question: what is it in our nature as women that constantly puts us in this situation?  It can't be a modern problem - our female ancestors must have dealt with the same issue, albeit in different circumstances.


Loving his chubby qualities
What would our lives be like if men and women had the same brain?  I'm not attempting to insult men whatsoever, but I'm sure our houses would be burned to the ground, our children would be dirty and stinky (if they survived past infancy), and the family would be without the beauty and peace that comes with a house that's been made a home.

10 months and a pro-walker
And so, in God's Providence and Goodness, He designed Eve with a brain that can accommodate for the chaos that I guess all women were preordained to live in.  It's given me cause for reflection and another excuse to praise God for His wisdom that vastly surpasses mine.

And que totally unrelated picture!  


...And then I read Jen's post and felt bad for complaining in my head at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment