Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

What I Wore Sunday



Sweater: Ann Taylor *thrifted*
Skirt: Banana Republic *thrifted*
Boots: I don't know - I was too excited that I got them at TJ Maxx for $5 when they were originally $250 to notice the brand.  I do know that they're real leather and that Italian is written on the soles.  Sold.
Earrings: Anthropologie *Ebay*

Do you notice a trend here?  My husband does a wonderful job at supporting our family, but we are in a small financial bind (Why student loans? Why!?) and I try to do my best to purchase things for less, whether it be on sale or by savaging Goodwill and St. Vincent's from time to time.  I've never been in a location where good, cute clothing can be purchased at a thrift store before (Lucky brand jeans for $15!?), so I'm taking full advantage of it now.  I love Auntie Leila's advice about thrifting and have found that I don't need most things right now - I just wait to purchase whatever it is for a less expensive price when I find it.  

For example, I've been looking for cute boots for years and noticed that our local TJ Maxx had a lot of cute styles this winter, but were not a price point that I wanted to pay.  I registered that info in my head, and every time I went I checked to see if any were on sale.  Finally, this last week I saw these beauties and decided to buy them just on principle.  I'm so proud of my find that I've been waiting and waiting for Sunday so I would have a good excuse to wear them!  I love these boots because they have heels but are much easier to walk around in.  And with a running baby, that's necessary!

Come on by and get fashionably inspired by the other ladies at Fine Linen and Purple!

Oh, Matt and I decided that Max got at D+ today at Mass.  He's so loud, even when he's cute and babbling, and he's the ONLY BABY at the particular mass that we go to (maybe we should re-think that one...) but I do love going to that one it for it's quiet nature...and mostly for the fact that it starts at 11:30.  I haaaaaaaaaate waking up on Sunday mornings only to realize that we have 30 minutes to get ready.  That always = one grumpy Katie, which is NOT a good way to start the Holy day.


5 comments:

  1. Yay for a great sale! Your outfit is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of thrift store shopping too! Love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fashion finds are inspirational! I much prefer getting great deals on consigned and thrifted items too. It just feels like an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed with your thrifted items!

    I think it is a way of contributing to our finances to spend wisely, no matter our husband's income.

    You look adorable today!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love that bargain high! I'm always surprised when I find out that someone has never shopped at a thrift store. It's so...FUN!

    Love the new boots. Great find.

    ReplyDelete