Unfortunately, the only pictures I took were of Max at a kid's museum...I need to get better at documenting our outs-and-abouts. That's what blogging's all about, right?
While Matt was working Max and I had a great time window shopping, eating the best gyros and fries, and learned that the boy has slight anemia (insert sad face). Apparently I need to feed his almost 11 month old self some more table foods and less breastmilk, which makes me sad but is understandable...more filet mignon it is.
| Cool floating ball, which Max didn't even notice. He was too busy trying to stash away the extras. |
We stayed at a fancy-to-us Holiday Inn and had a great time walking around the halls, entertaining all the guests who without fail commented on how big he was, how good of a walker he was, and mentioned either his curls or his big eyes before continuing on their way. Max was delighted to have some freedom and wander wherever he pleased. I wanted to take him swimming, but we're fighting some nasty eczema right now and the thought of having to run him up a flight of stairs and slather eczema lotion all over his body right after swimming wasn't very appealing to me.
We also read a lot of the nerdiest book which is just one of 14 in nerdiest book series in the world (way worse than HP!) that we're hooked on. That seems to be the only way we can get quality time together - reading "the book". I'll take it where I can get it. I really actually like the book, and would recommend it, if you can get over the 90s fantasy fiction covers and the fact that it's called "fantasy fiction"...Dweebs unite!
* * *
In other news, we had a raucous St. Patrick's day party. Being married into an Irish/Italian family means that we celebrate feast days to the extreme, especially ones where alcohol and good food is involved. Matt and I made 10lbs of corned beef - no exaggeration here - and it was ALL. gone. by the end of the night. Wow. This made us sad, since we love leftovers and hate having to cook in a disaster-zone kitchen after parties such as this, so I ran to the store today and boiled up some more corned beef which hopefully will supply lunches for us for the remainder of the week. Yum!
| Our little apartment bursting with peeps. A good time was had by all. Thank you St. Patrick! |
No comments:
Post a Comment