Matty and I decided to try to do some exploration on Sundays from now on in order to gain a greater respect for the area and to make our Sundays a little more interesting and varied in order to celebrate the day. I'm hoping Max will be a good car traveler, because we want to be able to continue this new tradition of ours after he's born!
For our first adventure we went up to the WAHA area on a recommendation from friends. Unfortunately I was reading Matt a book on the way up and didn't take any pictures of the farmlands, which were beautiful. But I did get the chance to snap a few shots of us and two lakes that we happened upon. We look forward to visiting them this summer and maybe do some fishing!
The first lake that we found...it was beautiful! The elevation here is much higher, so there was a 15-20 degree difference in temperature. We were both a little surprised to see so much snow! In our neck of the woods spring is in full force and the trees are blossoming and the plants are all taking off...it felt like a different world up here!
I'm trying to make it a point of including myself in pictures more often to prove that I've actually been there as well!
39 weeks and 5 days pregnant doesn't look too big on me.
A deer (?) carcass we happened upon. Creepy!
The second lake we found. Most of it was covered in ice still, though technically it was more like slush. Apparently people ice fish up here and there were a few picnic tables and a pit for bonfires, as well as an outhouse, so I'm assuming that people come up here on a regular basis, especially during the summer. This is a potential BBQ celebration location for after Max's baptism in June, if the weather is nice!
Rockin' the dock!
The beach and a wider view of the frozen lake.
He really did have fun!
The sky against the water was beautiful...I'm sure it's even better when it's hotter and the sun is out a little more.
Thus ends the pictures of our adventure. Who knows where we'll go next Sunday!? We might not even leave town, since we might have a baby with us at that time...here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment