Matthew had a food inspiration which I was eager to listen to: Homemade Peirogis!
Matt and I ate a lot of peirogis while at school because they were:
1. fast (you boil them and then saute them, if you like the texture that way)
2. Cheap (Costco!)
3. A part of the local culture - There was a huge Polish population where we were.
and most importantly
4. They're delicious.
Today was our first attempt at making them from scratch, and I must say that they turned out pretty well! I am Polish, afterall, so making them should be in my blood!
We always eat them with some sort of sausage and lots and lots o' sour cream!
After making Pel'Meni several times, I'm not sure why we were scared to try these guys. They're even easier than making pel'meni and are pretty delicious. They'd be a great meatless Friday meal! If only I had remembered during Lent...
Here's a link to the recipe!
No comments:
Post a Comment