Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sweet Success!

One of the best things about being pregnant in the third trimester is that the time is beginning to count down!  This is good for multiple reasons, but one that I'm appreciating at the moment is that it gives me a reason to shop!  Before the middle of the third trimester it was hard to bring myself to buy anything for Max, because I knew that I'd get some items from the baby shower but also because the sense of urgency wasn't there.  It's not necessarily here now, BUT now that I have less than a month until his due date, I feel that I have a good excuse to start purchasing!

But no worries, we don't buy anything for full price at the Polis house (except for diapers...)!  I've been super lucky and have found some great deals on baby things over the past few months!  Care to join me in viewing my shopping successes?


Graco Snugride car seat

Originally: Around $80, according to Amazon.
Purchase Price: Around $45 from a clearance sale at Babies R Us!

This was my first big purchase for Max and I'm happy that of all the items that we need for him that this was one that we bought new.  I've heard a lot of warning stories about buying second-hand car seats and I was hoping we wouldn't have to.  Thankfully we were able to get a good deal on this one!  Another thing I like about it is that it's not too 'boy'.  If we had a girl in the future we'd be able to add some pink blankets to the seat and make it pretty.  But right now, it's nice and manly for little Max.  Love the plaid!


Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Stroller

Originally: Anywhere from $130 to $170
Purchase Price: $56 from a consignment store in Spokane.

The coloring on this picture is different than the one that we have, but oh well.  It's a REALLY nice stroller and I was super jazzed to find out the original price for this, since I had no idea when I bought it.  There's no stains to be found on the one we bought and it's basically brand new, except for some normal wear on the tires.  The great thing is that it collapses with the push of a button!  It's a little clunky and we haven't been able to find a place to store it in our apartment yet, but all in all I'm very pleased with it.  Plus, the car seat we bought hooks into the stroller, so Max and I will be able to go on walks from day one!


Ergo Baby Carrier

Originally: $120
Purchase Price: $68 on Ebay

I've heard a bunch of great things about the Ergo baby carrier, and I wanted one so badly!  I spent all day yesterday bidding on these carriers and kept on loosing!  Matt and I determined that we'd be happy with the deal spending up to $75 on one, so I made sure not to put in for a carrier higher than that.  At one point I was about to win a plain black one for around the same price, but literally in the last 5 seconds I was out-bid.  I could have increased my bid, but I was so shocked that someone took it away from me that I didn't do anything but sit there with my mouth open in shock!  Thankfully I found some other sales that were going to be ending around 5 or 6 in the morning.  I left it up to chance, put in a bid, and to my surprise I found out that I had won when I woke up this morning!  I really like the color and the design of this one...it's cute, but also masculine enough where Matt will be able to wear it and not feel like a dummy.  Win-win!

I'll keep you updated on more steals when I come across them...now all we need is a bassinet, a baby tub, and a baby swing!

1 comment:

  1. The Ergo is AMAZING. Make sure you get the infant insert if you want to be able to wear him from day 1. OR invest in a wrap like the Moby or one from BabyEtte.net. I have a Baby Ette and it's worth EVERY PENNY. I Wore Grady all the time in that sucker and I Had the best behaved baby in the entire wide world. It's great for skin to skin, especially if you plan to breastfeed. My secret weapon has been Albeebaby.com for big-ticket items. If you decide to every buy a jogging stroller, or an all-terrain stroller for hiking, or a convertible car seat, you'll find HUGE discounts there. We bought our convertible car seats from there (and all of our strollers) and have literally saved over $1,000.00. SCORE! I can't wait to hear about your new mama experiences. You're going to be an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete