So here are some of mine:
-1-
Ergo Baby Carrier
I've written about the Ergo before, but that was before our Little One was born. I loved it theoretically then, now I love it practically. Max is a very social little boy and likes to be held and on the same level as me when we're doing pretty much anything. Now that he's older and good at destroying the house while not being watched, the Ergo is a fantastic way to make him happy, keep him under control, and get my stuff done for some amount of time, all at once. It's also a great way to exercise, especially if we go on walks. My back never ever hurts afterwards (my body's usually sore, but that's from the exercise), Max and I are both super comfortable in it, and it's made well.
And as a plus, Albee Baby is having a FANTASTIC sale on them. I bought mine on Ebay for what I thought was a good deal, but the price they have on Albee Baby is even better. Hurry before they run out!
-2-
While I'm talking about baby products, I have to mention these socks. I'm originally from Alaska, where XtraTuff boots and Mountain Gear raincoats are fashionable. We know our outdoor gear and brands. Smartwool has a great product across the board, but I'm in love with their socks for our little guy. First of all, they're soft, unlike most wool socks. Second, they come in adorable colors. And most importantly, they actually stay on Max's foot! These are the only kind of socks that Max likes on his feet and are the only kind that don't voluntarily shoot themselves off his foot as well. Max has fat feet. He doesn't fit into shoes unless they're a size too big or some type of sandal. He's always had a problem with socks staying on because they're just not big enough. These are longer and more sturdy and fit on his feet just fine. They are expensive (ours were given to us as gifts), but if we had to buy another pair, I totally would.
-3-
I'm really not a makeup person. I'm just too lazy to put makeup on and take it off every day, though I'm trying to get better at it, because I'm sure my husband would appreciate it more and I'd feel better about myself...blah blah blah. My sister-in-law used to work at the Macy's makeup counter and talked me into buying this (mostly for the free gifts that came with it...another plus), but now it's my go-to skin makeup. I never have liked liquid foundation and I could never find it in the right shade for my skin tone. It's helpful to go to the counter and have someone do the matching for you, so you don't waste your money on something you're never going to use.
This stuff covers up my blemishes and discolorations and helps with hiding my tired morning eyes. And it doesn't make you look like you have a bunch of makeup all over your face. It's pricey, but totally worth it! I still have my compact after two years and have hardly made a dent in it, but that might be because I only use it once a week...but I might start using it more now that I've been praising it.
-4-

For all you wine lovers out there...If Matt and I are celebrating a special occasion, this is our wine of choice. We first tried it at a restaurant on our 1 year anniversary and loved it so much that we kept the bottle. I've seen it at Costco for a reasonable price, which I'm thankful for, because it was at least three times as expensive at the restaurant. If you like red zins, or like red wine that's slightly sweet and not as dry as a merlot, give it a try. Plus, it has a fun name.
-5-
I have no affiliation with Pampered Chef, I just really love their products! When I got married my mom threw me a P.C. bridal shower...it was the most amazing bridal shower I've ever been to! Instead of people bringing their own gifts they just purchased items from a list that I had made that had all the items that I was interested in. It might sound a little thoughtless, but it takes the guess-work out of buying a gift for someone. Instead of buying a gift card, you're buying an item they can associate with you and you'll know they'll like it! I included multiple items in all different price ranges too, so people wouldn't feel like they'd need to spend their whole paycheck on one thing. Most of my favorite kitchen items are Pampered Chef gifts from that party. And the best part was that I was awarded a credit off of all the items that people bought for me and for themselves, which allowed me to invest in the awesome, awesome knife set above and buy some of the things off my list that others hadn't purchased. Most of their products are superb and far better than what you can find at places other than Sur La Table or other fancy kitchen stores. Some of their products are gimmicky, but most of them are going to be in our kitchen for the rest of our lives! If you ever get a chance to go to a party, go and get yourself something! Or better yet, throw yourself a party and get a credit with P.C. to buy items that you wouldn't be able to afford otherwise.
If you have any questions about my bridal shower or P.C. parties, feel free to send me an email or leave a comment below. : )



YES- I love the Ergo! We just got one with baby #2 and I wish we'd had one from the start!
ReplyDelete