Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

1 Flesh

I'm famous!

Through some fortunate series of events I was asked to write a testimony on Matt's and my NFP journey. You can take a look at the link here.

Since it's NFP awareness week, I'll expound on why I'm excited about NFP.

...and include random photos

1. I've been able to postpone my cycle for a year (minus 15-20 days) by exclusively breastfeeding.  I was told by many that this wouldn't be the case, but I'm proof that it really is possible to delay fertility by this natural, good way!  It has been frustrating at times, and we thought we were pregnant multiple times through the course of the year, but it's been effective and good for us and our baby.



2. I'm not polluting our environment by using artificial birth control or contributing to the drop of testosterone in our men. I'm also not poisoning myself and exposing myself to unnecessary risks and side effects that can happen when you take birth control or any sort of medication.  Most of the time the benefits outweigh the risks, but in this case I believe they don't.



3. It's empowering to know the way your body works!  I know more about my fertility and cycle than my OB/midwife does...and not because I'm smarter than her, but because I've spent the time learning it and understanding how it works.  Anyone can do it and learn the method that they choose.


4. And finally, while many people use NFP to space their children, we love using NFP to achieve pregnancy!  We knew the exact day when our boy was conceived and it was exciting to tell our midwife that we were trying to have a baby, which she said is a rarity for her.  As the article said, we're currently using the method in order to achieve a pregnancy.  If we weren't using NFP I'd have no idea when the right time would be to make a baby!  I think that's pretty cool.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment